Has the time for office relocation come? If yes, you are in the right place. We will help you move all your office furniture with ease and in no time. The most important thing is to start planning for your commercial relocation in time. Do not leave anything for the last minute if you want to avoid any unpleasant surprises on the moving day. This kind of relocation requires a lot of planning and preparations because you are not only moving your furniture but your business as well. Also, you will have to include your employees and hire the right movers for the job. So, if you are interested in how to move your office furniture and how to relocate your office as a professional, keep on reading.
Have a Staff Meeting
As soon as the moving date is set, it is of key importance to have a staff meeting with all of your employees. As previously mentioned, you are not only moving your office furniture but also your business and your employee’s business as well. So, call for a meeting, and start discussing your upcoming move. Try to involve everybody in the moving process. Moving can be really expensive, and if you leave everything to movers, you might break your bank. That is why you should split the chores. For example, each employee can pack his or her own desk, things from the office or cubicle. This will save you a lot of time and money. So, when the movers from spydermoving.com come, they will only have to deal with those heavy and bulky pieces of furniture.
Declutter Your Office
Another very important thing you should do before you decide to pack and move office furniture is to clean and declutter everything. As previously mentioned, the more stuff you plan on relocating, the more money you will need for relocation. This is an essential part of relocating an office. So, you should do everything in your power to downsize before moving out. This task should not be that difficult, nor time and energy consuming. And, you can also do this together with your employees. Here is what you need to do:
- Go through all the paperwork in your office – documents and different kinds of paperwork tend to take a lot of space in the office. And, in most cases, those papers are unnecessary and unimportant. So, check everything. Pay attention not to throw away any important documents.
- Check the office furniture – You can also tell your employees to clear their desks, drawers, and shelves. Throw away anything that is broken, useless or unnecessary. There is no need to relocate all the things in your current office.
- Check the electronics – If you have some phones, computers or other electronic equipment that neither you nor your employees used in a while, there is no need to keep that. First, check whether the equipment is working. If it is, you can either sell it or donate it. If it is not working, simply throw it away.
After you have decluttered your office, it would be a good idea to clean everything. You will be surprised to see how less stuff you have after this process.
Gather Packing Materials
So, before you decide to move office furniture you must first gather and buy all the necessary packing materials and supplies. This step is necessary, and you can not cut corners. If you do not invest in good quality packing materials, some of your office furniture might get damaged or completely broken. And we all know how expensive office furniture and electronics can be. That is why you will need to buy a lot of cardboard boxes, plastic bins, packing paper, moving blankets and so on. You can buy these things from your movers, or at a hardware store or stationery shop. You will also need a duct tape, scissors, and a permanent marker. If you have some large and heavy pieces of furniture or equipment, it would be best to talk with professional movers on how to move office furniture that seems complicated.
How to Pack and Move Office Furniture
And now, when you have decluttered your office and gathered all the necessary packing materials, it is time to pack and move office furniture. So, here is how to do it:
- Take a photo of everything. It will be much easier when assembling and organizing later on.
- Empty every desk, draw, and shelf. Pack the items from there in cardboard or plastic boxes and bins.
- Detach everything you can. It will be much easier to move smaller pieces of furniture.
- Wrap everything. It is necessary to use plastic wrap and lots of it. Wrap every piece of furniture to ensure that non-removable parts do not randomly open during transportation. This is also important if you want your furniture to arrive safely and without a scratch.
- Find help. You will need at least three or four people to help you with moving office furniture. Consider hiring professional movers too, especially if you are about to move office furniture someplace far away, as pro movers make moving long distance simple.
Hire Professional Help
Yes, having a DIY kind of move is cheaper. But, it is riskier and it will be time and energy consuming. Also, if something goes wrong and some items get damaged or lost, your commercial relocation might end up costing twice as much. So, in order to avoid all of that, you should have your belongings packed by professionals and transferred to the new location using their own equipment and transportation. You will not have to worry about packing materials, packing everything and dealing with all the heavy lifting. Leave everything to the professionals, and you and your employees can focus on more important things like running your business and taking care of the clients.